In 1904, the Steuart family began a history of business accomplishment, backed by traditional values and ethics, that helped serve the emerging needs of a century of progress.
First was the coal and ice delivery business of L.P. and Guy T. Steuart, under the sobriquet of L.P. Steuart & Brother. A mule and a secondhand cart were the company’s only assets. Over the next century the Steuarts built Steuart Ford into one of the area’s largest automobile distributorships, and created the area’s largest independent supplier of heating oil and gasoline as Steuart Petroleum.
Today, after four generations of Steuarts at the helm of diversified businesses, Steuart Investment Company is focused primarily on real estate investment ownership and development, including residential, commercial, office, industrial and resort endeavors, as well as hydroelectric power and maritime activities.